Bookish for life

Anthropology graduate, anglophile, social justice activist, chocoholic, traveler and book lover from the German-speaking part of Switzerland, currently working in the renewable energy sector. Books have been my passion since before I could read.

Considering using this as a replacement for my Goodreads account, where I've been keeping track of what I read (audiobooks included). You can find a record of the dead-tree books I own on LibraryThing. As of now I haven't imported those yet.

Winter's Desire

Winter's Desire - Amanda McIntyre, Charlotte Featherstone, Kristi Astor I'm not usually into romance novels anyway, but I liked the sound of this - and it started out quite nicely, too (if one ignores historical inaccuracies and overblown language, which I was quite willing to do).

Unfortunately, the closer the two protagonists, Sabeline and Ranulf, got, the more Sabeline transformed from a young, inexperienced woman who nevertheless was quite comfortable with herself into the worst kind of helpless damsel who let herself be pushed around and ultimately rescued. This led to the transformation of my own feelings from indulgent (and somewhat tantalized) enjoyment to eyerolling annoyance.

The Audible mp3 I got from a friend only contained 'Winter Awakening' - it was probably quite helpful to hear it instead of reading it, as the narrator used different tones to distinguish Sabeline and Ranulf's first person narratives.