Bookish for life

Anthropology graduate, anglophile, social justice activist, chocoholic, traveler and book lover from the German-speaking part of Switzerland, currently working in the renewable energy sector. Books have been my passion since before I could read.

Considering using this as a replacement for my Goodreads account, where I've been keeping track of what I read (audiobooks included). You can find a record of the dead-tree books I own on LibraryThing. As of now I haven't imported those yet.

Fire

Fire  - Kristin Cashore Pre-quel of sorts to Graceling, Kristin Cashore managed to create a completely different background in Fire - but still with the same basic themes that made me love the first book so much: strong female characters (Fire in a very different way from Katsa, showing that strength can take on many forms), staying true to oneself (and embracing who one is), and the many shades of love and friendship (worth risking your heart for). All of this on top of some very good adventure storytelling.

I can't wait for Butterblue next year!