Bookish for life

Anthropology graduate, anglophile, social justice activist, chocoholic, traveler and book lover from the German-speaking part of Switzerland, currently working in the renewable energy sector. Books have been my passion since before I could read.

Considering using this as a replacement for my Goodreads account, where I've been keeping track of what I read (audiobooks included). You can find a record of the dead-tree books I own on LibraryThing. As of now I haven't imported those yet.

The Shack: Where Tragedy Confronts Eternity

The Shack: Where Tragedy Confronts Eternity - Wm. Paul Young, Brad Cummings, Wayne Jacobsen I find myself unable to fully embrace this book. While some of the ideas are compelling and very interesting (and match my own faith), the fact that it presents itself like Truth seems problematic. After all, it's a work of fiction by a human being.

I would have preferred it as a non-fiction book on the author's theology, with reflections on how his ideas came to be and what the background and sources were in order to truly evaluate this vision of God and faith.