Bookish for life

Anthropology graduate, anglophile, social justice activist, chocoholic, traveler and book lover from the German-speaking part of Switzerland, currently working in the renewable energy sector. Books have been my passion since before I could read.

Considering using this as a replacement for my Goodreads account, where I've been keeping track of what I read (audiobooks included). You can find a record of the dead-tree books I own on LibraryThing. As of now I haven't imported those yet.

Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)

Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1) - Jacqueline Carey Not being into BDSM I wasn't sure I would enjoy this dark, erotic world - but the story of Phèdre, Kushiel's chosen who ends up in the middle of a war for her country, the enchanted Terre d'Anges, and her way of life, was completely enthralling.

Whenever I started to read I had problems putting the book (which is quite long, covering a lot of ground as Phédre's fate brings her to different parts of this mythical version of Europe) down for at least an hour or two, no matter the hour.