Bookish for life

Anthropology graduate, anglophile, social justice activist, chocoholic, traveler and book lover from the German-speaking part of Switzerland, currently working in the renewable energy sector. Books have been my passion since before I could read.

Considering using this as a replacement for my Goodreads account, where I've been keeping track of what I read (audiobooks included). You can find a record of the dead-tree books I own on LibraryThing. As of now I haven't imported those yet.

The Girl in the Bunker

The Girl in the Bunker - Tracey S. Rosenberg This was written by a friend of mine, but this has no bearing on how much it touched me. The protagonist, a 12-year-old girl, starts out as rather unlikeable in her self-involved unquestioning support for her "Uncle Adolf", but as history progresses in the bunker, we get to know the real person underneath the propaganda, just as she gets to know herself and her surroundings. Especially the ending pulled me in and punched me in the face, although it shouldn't have come as a surprise, considering the historical facts.