Bookish for life

Anthropology graduate, anglophile, social justice activist, chocoholic, traveler and book lover from the German-speaking part of Switzerland, currently working in the renewable energy sector. Books have been my passion since before I could read.

Considering using this as a replacement for my Goodreads account, where I've been keeping track of what I read (audiobooks included). You can find a record of the dead-tree books I own on LibraryThing. As of now I haven't imported those yet.

The Convenient Marriage

The Convenient Marriage - Richard Armitage, Georgette Heyer Very promising with an unusual heroine (with a stammer but lots of pluck), but sadly the main characters' relationship remained fuzzy - I never quite understood why they were in love or when it happened. Possibly done on purpose to support the plot of the "convenient marriage", but it did disappoint me a bit. Still, lots of details that I really enjoyed, most of all when the heroine is tricked and actually confesses (!) the scrape she's in to her husband, although the second time she sadly doesn't show the same kind of trust and good sense.