Bookish for life

Anthropology graduate, anglophile, social justice activist, chocoholic, traveler and book lover from the German-speaking part of Switzerland, currently working in the renewable energy sector. Books have been my passion since before I could read.

Considering using this as a replacement for my Goodreads account, where I've been keeping track of what I read (audiobooks included). You can find a record of the dead-tree books I own on LibraryThing. As of now I haven't imported those yet.

The Hobbit, Prequel to the Lord of the Rings Trilogy

The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien, Rob Inglis I listened to most of this audio book while in New Zealand and finished it on the bus to Matamata, home of the Hobbiton movie set. Felt rather poetic. :)

It had been quite a while since I'd last read the book and while I remembered the main things, it was delightful to re-discover many of the small details that show the seeds of what would become LotR. Also, having seen the first two Hobbit movies now, the ending of the battle has gotten more significance, as the movies have made me feel much more attached to the dwarves.