Bookish for life

Anthropology graduate, anglophile, social justice activist, chocoholic, traveler and book lover from the German-speaking part of Switzerland, currently working in the renewable energy sector. Books have been my passion since before I could read.

Considering using this as a replacement for my Goodreads account, where I've been keeping track of what I read (audiobooks included). You can find a record of the dead-tree books I own on LibraryThing. As of now I haven't imported those yet.

Out of the Black Land

Out of the Black Land - Kerry Greenwood Something completely different to Kerry Greenwood's Phryne Fisher mysteries - not a mystery or crime novel, as the subtitle implies, but instead a compelling look at one of the most exciting periods in Egyptian history: the rise and reign of pharoah Akhnaten, told through the eyes of a scribe and a curious young woman. I don't know how historically accurate the story is, but then, I don't think *anyone* knows (as the afterword points out), and Kerry Greenwood, as always, has done her homework and created interesting characters in a completely believable setting.