Bookish for life

Anthropology graduate, anglophile, social justice activist, chocoholic, traveler and book lover from the German-speaking part of Switzerland, currently working in the renewable energy sector. Books have been my passion since before I could read.

Considering using this as a replacement for my Goodreads account, where I've been keeping track of what I read (audiobooks included). You can find a record of the dead-tree books I own on LibraryThing. As of now I haven't imported those yet.

Broken Homes

Broken Homes  - Ben Aaronovitch Oh, Peter Grant... I have such a crush on him! :) This is his fourth adventure, and it was just as enjoyable as the previous ones. I love that he's a regular copper, a geek and a follower of the scientific method, even when it comes to magic. I love that his world is so real (magic and all), the way London jumps off the page, as do the various characters he comes into contact with.

So I was enjoying myself quite a bit already in the first two thirds of the novel - and then suddenly events take off, until they hit you right where it hurts. I'd had my suspicions early on in the book, but hadn't wanted to believe it - so when it happened, I literally stopped in my tracks (I'd been reading while walking, unable to put down my eReader when I had to get off the tram) with a gasp. I can't wait to read Foxglove Summer, the next in the series (released yesterday!), and see what happens next with Peter!