Bookish for life

Anthropology graduate, anglophile, social justice activist, chocoholic, traveler and book lover from the German-speaking part of Switzerland, currently working in the renewable energy sector. Books have been my passion since before I could read.

Considering using this as a replacement for my Goodreads account, where I've been keeping track of what I read (audiobooks included). You can find a record of the dead-tree books I own on LibraryThing. As of now I haven't imported those yet.

The White Road

The White Road - Lynn Flewelling The Nightrunner series, especially the first two books, are among my favorite fantasy novels - and The White Road (the fifth book) was another highlight.

Alec, Seregil and Micum feel like family by now, and I was disappointed that the Cavishes didn't appear at all this time. To make up for it we finally got some insights into Alec's mother's side, as well as an adventure of the best kind.

Lynn Flewelling never disappoints - her characters are real people, right down to the 'bad guys', the action is fast-paced, and the solutions never simple. And at the core is the rarest of things: a stable, loving relationship that's nonetheless never boring.