Bookish for life

Anthropology graduate, anglophile, social justice activist, chocoholic, traveler and book lover from the German-speaking part of Switzerland, currently working in the renewable energy sector. Books have been my passion since before I could read.

Considering using this as a replacement for my Goodreads account, where I've been keeping track of what I read (audiobooks included). You can find a record of the dead-tree books I own on LibraryThing. As of now I haven't imported those yet.

Last Night's Scandal

Last Night's Scandal  - Loretta Chase And thus ends the Carsington series, the first proper romance novel series I've read - and luckily on a high note. I started reading Loretta Chase because a) a friend recommended her as guilty pleasure reading and b) because "Mr. Impossible" was recced over and over on "Smart Bitches Trashy Books" in a post about smart heroines. So I started with the second in the series, and it's still my favorite (because Daphne is awesome, as is Rupert, a rare thing in romance novels in my experience).

However, after the rest of the books didn't quite measure up imho, this last one, chronicling the story of a Carsington nephew (Peregrine, who we got to know in "Not Quite a Lady") gave me a lot of pleasure. It had been fun reading about Peregrine and Olivia as children, and now that they are grown up, it was great fun to keep following their adventures, especially the adult kind. :) Seriously, while there was a bit of the apparently unavoidable insta-lust (I mean, does anyone REALLY lose complete control over their faculties in the presence of someone they fancy?), it was grounded in the years of friendship between the two protagonists, who had both grown up to be very capable in completely different (and naturally 100% complimentary) ways. And now, on to the Dressmaker series - I've been promised more Dreadful DeLuceys! *g*