Bookish for life

Anthropology graduate, anglophile, social justice activist, chocoholic, traveler and book lover from the German-speaking part of Switzerland, currently working in the renewable energy sector. Books have been my passion since before I could read.

Considering using this as a replacement for my Goodreads account, where I've been keeping track of what I read (audiobooks included). You can find a record of the dead-tree books I own on LibraryThing. As of now I haven't imported those yet.

Trickster's Queen

Trickster's Queen  - Tamora Pierce, Trini Alvarado I can't believe it took me all these years to finally read about the adventures of Alanna's daughter - after all, the Lioness was one of my favorite childhood heroes! As always with Tamora Pierce, Aly is delightfully different from her other female protagonists, and the books of the duology are filled with interesting characters. Even if Aly was just a little bit too perfect at times (especially the vast amounts of knowledge she'd gained from her father and grandfather at her young age), her adventures allow us a peek into another one of Tortall's neighbours and are a delight to read.