Bookish for life

Anthropology graduate, anglophile, social justice activist, chocoholic, traveler and book lover from the German-speaking part of Switzerland, currently working in the renewable energy sector. Books have been my passion since before I could read.

Considering using this as a replacement for my Goodreads account, where I've been keeping track of what I read (audiobooks included). You can find a record of the dead-tree books I own on LibraryThing. As of now I haven't imported those yet.

Murder and Mendelssohn (Phryne Fisher #20)

Murder and Mendelssohn (Phryne Fisher #20) - Kerry Greenwood Phryne's 20th adventure is especially fun, even for someone like me who knows next to nothing about choirs and choir music. The original murder and the ensuing mayhem is perhaps needlessly complicated, but what matters, as always, are the people Phryne meets during her adventures and whose lives she changes.

And as a great fan of both Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes and the new BBC Sherlock with a not-so-secret fondness for the close (and possibly non-platonic) relationship between Holmes and Watson, this book holds a special treat in the form of Dr. John Wilson, dear war-time friend of Phryne's (as well as of Dorothy's *g*), and his traveling companion Rupert Sheffield, brilliant mathematician and lecturer on the subject of the Science of Deduction with a more-than-passing resemblance (both in character and physical appearance) to a the titular character of the little BBC show named above. Oh YES, Kerry Greenwood went *there*... :D