Bookish for life

Anthropology graduate, anglophile, social justice activist, chocoholic, traveler and book lover from the German-speaking part of Switzerland, currently working in the renewable energy sector. Books have been my passion since before I could read.

Considering using this as a replacement for my Goodreads account, where I've been keeping track of what I read (audiobooks included). You can find a record of the dead-tree books I own on LibraryThing. As of now I haven't imported those yet.

Phyllida and the Brotherhood of Philander: A Bisexual Regency Romance

Phyllida and the Brotherhood of Philander: A Bisexual Regency Romance - Ann Herendeen DNF (something I hardly ever do). I'm not sure why, but for some reason this book (or rather, how relationships are characters are portrayed in it) made me feel highly uncomfortable.

The premise is really interesting, so different from the usual Regency Romance, but I simply had to throw in the towel by the time I started feeling nauseous... It's mostly the violence and ugly language between people I'm supposed to root for, I think. I didn't even get to the spy plot that's been criticised in other reviews.